Apple Inc. (AAPL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AAPL POWR Grades
- AAPL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.94% of US stocks.
- AAPL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AAPL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 30.11% of US stocks).
AAPL Stock Summary
- APPLE INC's market capitalization of $2,386,854,024,720 is ahead of 100% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AAPL is 7.78 -- better than 95.34% of US stocks.
- APPLE INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.43% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to APPLE INC are MSFT, GOOGL, AMZN, BRK.B, and TSLA.
- Visit AAPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apple.com.
AAPL Valuation Summary
- AAPL's price/sales ratio is 6; this is 130.77% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- AAPL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AAPL.
AAPL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.86%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 26.53%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 18.63%.
The table below shows AAPL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AAPL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AAPL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.57% of graded US stocks.
- AAPL's asset turnover comes in at 1.066 -- ranking 18th of 83 Computers stocks.
- VRNT, ALLT, and PAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AAPL.
The table below shows AAPL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AAPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AAPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$148.11||52-week high||$182.94|
|Prev. close||$151.07||52-week low||$129.04|
|Day high||$148.88||Avg. volume||88,673,766|
|50-day MA||$146.53||Dividend yield||0.62%|
|200-day MA||$154.60||Market Cap||2.36T|
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Company Bio
Founded in 1977 by Steven Paul Jobs, Ronald Gerald Wayne, and Stephen G. Wozniak, Apple Inc. is the world’s largest technology company. Apple's hardware products include the iPhone smartphone, the iPad tablet computer, the Mac personal computer, the iPod portable media player, the Apple Watch smartwatch, the Apple TV digital media player, the AirPods wireless earbuds, the AirPods Max headphones, and the HomePod smart speaker line. Software offerings includes iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS operating systems, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser, the Shazam music identifier, and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites, as well as professional applications like Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro, and Xcode. Its online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store, Mac App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, iMessage, and iCloud. Other services include Apple Store, Genius Bar, AppleCare, Apple Pay, Apple Pay Cash, and Apple Card. Apple is considered one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, and Facebook.
Most Popular Stories View All
AAPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AAPL Latest Social Stream
View Full AAPL Social Stream
Latest AAPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APPLE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AAPL as an investment opportunity.
Here are the most active equity options for midday.
After warning of iPhone 14 Pro shortages from Covid-related disruptions, Apple faces a new problem from worker protests at its main assembly plant in China.
Yahoo Finance tech reporter Allie Garfinkle joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the protests that erupted at a Foxconn factory in China and how the country's COVID policies are affecting Apple.
It's too late to buy an Apple iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max in time for Christmas, as supply disruptions have led to a doubling of wait times in recent weeks.
Evercore strategists say companies including Estée Lauder, Apple, and Nike with significant sales from China could rise if Covid lockdowns ease.
AAPL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|